Sunday, May 18, 2014

Gathering at the Strawberry Patch


We lucked out with lovely weather this morning and picked several buckets full.  We ate several buckets full too, I'm pretty sure, but they didn't weigh the kids before or after.  Slushies were fantastic, and a cool picnic lunch on the porch when we were done.  I really enjoy the Fruit and Berry Patch location, and they have something to pick nearly all of the grow-season.
Soon to be incoming kindergartners





Eating strawberries is hard work!


What do strawberries need to grow?
Rain, Sun, Bees, Dirt, Thunderstorms, Turnips, and Songs.
...or something to that effect.

Cool picnic lunch and fresh fruit slushies

Freezer full of Strawb's awaiting future smoothies.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Looks like a great time!! Wish we could have come. If you go this weekend, we will definitely make it. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend is an option for Strawberries. Also Champion Day Lilies on McFee Rd has no-spay no-thorn blackberry picking when they come into season (few weeks). I definitely want to find my way out there to show my support. I love that place.

    ReplyDelete