Here were some ideas:
- Behaving with habits that are "green" are likely the most influential. Rather than talking about a garden, growing one, or growing something in pots.
- Conversation at meal times about where the food may have come from, and whom was involved in getting it to the table (including the chef).
- Taking kids to the farmer's market, if that's important to you.
- Visit U-pick places.
- Compost kitchen and yard scraps, if that is appealing to you. Most of us at the table had tried and been marginally successful, but open to learning more about it.
- Talking about how garbage is a flower and a flower is garbage. Composting helps with this, to visualize that with the beauty and impermanence of a flower is also the decomposition and dirt of the ground, and visa versa.
Please share other ideas you may have about how you behave like or teach "green" within your family.